Carbon Monoxide-The Silent Killer

By January 30, 2017 March 16th, 2017 Boiler, Furnace, Heating, Residential

Carbon Monoxide-The Silent Killer!

This Boiler was in need of MAJOR Repair- Improper Combustion Caused the Sooting of the boiler to fill This Gentlemen’s House with Carbon Monoxide. His Boiler was leaking water as well causing the burners to completely rot out. Natural Gas was pouring from the end of the burners, lighting, then (thankfully) the water was putting out the flame. Great to save from an explosion, but horrible for the headaches.

Way Too Much Carbon Dioxide-

This house was filled with over 3000 parts per million. If This Gentlemen’s home was not loose as it is, he was at a level that could cause death in less than an hour-Check Out This Chart-
co chart

The Experts say that it is colorless and odorless, however, a well trained HVAC Technician can detect the odor of improper combustion, often the leading culprit of CO Poisoning. These can be acidic taste on your tongue, black powdery substances on window sills, and most often, complaints of headaches, nausea, and of being tired all of the time. 

Why Wait, Have Your System Checked out for Carbon Monoxide Today!

Don’t Take the Chance-Call High Performance Heating and Air Conditioning for a low cost HVAC Maintenance visit to be sure your system is operating at its Maximum Safety and Efficiency Levels-585-302-5018-Just Call HAROLD!!!!Call For Your Furnace or Boiler Maintenance Today!

 

Author Matt Nicodemus

More posts by Matt Nicodemus
CLICK TO CALL